MyPoints is a large cash back program, helping people save on at over 1,900 stores online or in person. The site was launched back in 1996, and is now owned by Prodege, which also operates Swagbucks, one of the largest sites for making money online.
When using MyPoints members earn “points” for their activity. These points can then be redeemed for various gift cards or a PayPal payment. Depending on the payment method used it takes about 140 – 170 points to claim each $1 in rewards.
Shop as you normally would at major online retailers and earn cash back points for your purchases. It can take up to thirty days for cash back to appear in your account, though cash back may appear in your account in as little as two to five days.
MyPoints also has a browser plugin (addon) called Score, which will notify you to any discounts or cash back opportunities while you browse the internet. If Score notifies you that there is an opportunity to earn points on the webpage you’re visiting you just need to click “Get Rewarded” in the notification to take advantage of the deal.
Members can also earn points for engaging in a variety of other activities:
– MyPoints provides a variety of grocery coupons to help you save money when shopping, with an additional 25 points being credited to your MyPoints account. The site also provides a wide variety of other coupons to save you money, but those don’t include the additional 25 points when used.
– The “Deals” category award points for trying out various products or services. In some cases the services will be free to try or use, while other deals may require you to spend money in order to qualify for the points (these can be thought of as more like discounts).
– Points can be earned by completing surveys, which simply require you to provide honest answers to a series of questions on various topics.
– Smaller points awards can be gained from engaging with a variety of content, like watching videos, reading webpages, etc.
– Small points awards are also available for their paid searching feature and paid emails.
– Points can be earned on the purchase of gift cards. Most cards have an award of 4 – 5% cash back, but some award points with a value of up to 10 – 20% cash back.
– The Point Perks feature makes it possible to earn points by following MyPoints on social media. Codes will periodically be posted to their Facebook and Twitter accounts which can be entered on their website for a small reward.
– Members can invite friends to join MyPoints. When your friend joins, you receive 25 points. You both receive points when your friend makes a purchase of $20 or more. In addition, you’ll earn a 10% referral commission on all the points your friend earns.
Keep an eye out for promotions and bonuses to earn extra points. The “Daily Five” option allows you to earn a 5 point bonus whenever you complete at least 5 different activities in the same day. There is also a “Monthly Goal” option which allows members to set their own goals for monthly activity. By setting the goal to a higher level of activity you can qualify to receive a larger bonus at the end of the month if you reach the goal.
MyPoints has a mobile app which allows you to make money online in your spare time even while you’re on the go. The app is currently a little more limited than their website. It is currently only possible to earn cash back from shopping and to earn points with their paid surveys. Many of the other options listed above are only available on their website.Visit MyPoints to Join for Free
Programs Similar To MyPoints
Swagbucks is the largest and best-known rewards site on the Internet. And for good reason. They offer more ways to earn points (or "Swagbucks") than any other program. Swagbucks is our top-pick overall and a "must" for anyone new to earning extra cash online.
QuickRewards is an long-running program where members earn points, or "Quick Points". With a variety of ways to earn and no minimum for PayPal cashouts, it's a great option for anyone who wants to earn a few bucks and get paid quickly.
Clixsense is a global online survey community with over 6 million members where people can connect with others and share opinions.
FusionCash was founded in 2005 and is a well-established rewards site with a proven payment history.