Offer Questions - The Definitive Guide!
In this guide I want to tell you a little bit about how our offers work, and give you some tips for completing them. I’ll add additional answers to questions as they come up. Hope this helps!
Q: How exactly does this work?
Good question. We work with several different companies and advertising networks to find offers for you to complete. When we find a company who wants to have our users try their product or service, we list it on our site. When a user completes their offer through our site, they report the completion to us and we credit your account.
People often ask why some offers take hours or days to confirm for them, and the simple answer is that we rely on our advertisers to provide us with statistics about users who have completed their offers. Some offers credit almost instantly, but others take longer because the advertiser may give us updates only periodically. Once we receive this information from our advertisers, user accounts are updated automatically.
Q: What does it mean when an offer is Pending?
We provide the “Pending” feature only as a way for you to track the offers that you’ve done. Just because an offer is Pending does not mean it will be credited, and even if you forget to submit an offer to us, you’ll still receive credit for the offer when the company reports to us.
You may have noticed that it’s possible to submit offers to us (and give them Pending status) even if you haven’t completed them. Remember that you will only be credited for the offer when the advertiser notifies us that you have completed the offer.
Q: How long do offers stay Pending?
An offer stays pending until we receive credit for it or until two weeks have passed. If two weeks have passed without crediting, it will be removed from your Pending list and put back into your Available Offers list so you can complete it. If that same offer is eventually credited to us, we’ll credit your account regardless of whether it’s Pending or not.
Q: I did an offer and I still haven’t received credit. Why?
If you an offer hasn’t credited for you, it’s because we haven’t received credit. If, for any reason, we don’t receive credit from the advertiser, we cannot credit your account. Remember that in most cases offers confirm within a couple of hours, but sometimes they can take days or weeks. We know it’s hard to wait, but try to be patient!
Q: Why would an advertiser withhold credit if I completed the offer?
We understand it’s frustrating to do an offer and not get credit for it—it’s frustrating for us, too! There are a variety of reasons why an advertiser may not credit us for an offer you believe you completed. Here are some of those reasons:
• You didn’t complete the entire offer. If you quit half way through a survey or don’t finish an offer, you won’t be credited. For example, many sites require that you confirm your email address at the end of the registration.
• Fake or inaccurate information was used. If you use fake information when completing an offer, you will not receive credit. Using fake or misleading information is also against our Terms of Service and will result in the termination of your account. If you’re not interested in having a company know your real information, don’t do the offer!
• You didn't use a real phone number (e.g. You shouldn't use a number for an online voicemail service, an old phone number, a disconnected phone number, a fake phone number, etc.)
• You’ve done the offer before. Advertisers aren’t interested in paying for the same person to try their product or service multiple times. If you’ve done the offer (or possibly even an offer from the same company) outside of CashCrate, we won’t receive credit for it if you do it again.
• You used a gift card or prepaid credit card to do the offer. If you do an offer that requires a credit card, some companies will not credit us if you use a gift card or prepaid credit card. This is because they don’t want you signing up for a trial, only to find that your card gets declined if you continue with them after the trial period. "Fraudulent orders will not be tolerated. A fraudulent order is (but not limited to) an order that was completed with a prepaid card, gift card, virtual card, fake or stolen credit card or an order that was immediately cancelled without shipment of the product. Refunded orders are subject to reversal. User accounts with fraudulent orders are subject to termination without pay."
• You canceled the offer immediately. If you sign-up for a product trial and then immediately cancel your trial, you won’t receive credit. The point of our program is that you get paid to try products and services that you’re interested in. By canceling immediately, you’re indicating that you weren’t even interested to begin with. If you’re not interested in an offer, don’t do it!
• The information you provided didn't match your IP Address. For example, your IP is in Washington and you provide an address in Arizona.
• New/First Time Customer: Trial Offers may require that you are a brand new customer and have never had an account with them before.
• Coupon/Discount Codes: You may not get paid for a Trial Offer if you use a coupon or a discount code. You either get paid for the trial or you get the coupon/discount. (The only exception to this is when a coupon code is provided to you by Cashcrate in the offer's description)
• Time Limits: Some Trials and other offers may have a time limit (for example, GoDaddy has a 2 hour limit to finish). It’s best to complete an offer from start to finish immediately after accessing the offer for the first time.
• Do not close your browser window before completing the offer.
Q: I have very few offers available to me. What’s the deal?
Unfortunately the bulk of our offers are only available to those users within the United States. Very few are available to international members at this time. The good news is that we’re starting to see more and more international offers (especially for those of you in Europe and Canada).
Q: What else should I keep in mind when completing offers?
Q: I had a bad experience with one of your advertisers. What should I do?
We do our best to only work with companies who are truthful and up front with our users. If you feel that a company has scammed you (hit you with frivolous charges, for example), please let us know.
Last edited by CashCrate Dana; 08-15-2013 at 08:16 PM
08-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Below, you'll find descriptions for many of our offers, and what you need to do to complete them.
Complete the survey, Participate in the survey, Participate in the Offer.
These basically mean the same thing. When you reach the Silver, Gold, Platinum offers, a thank you page, a message like congratulations, you have been entered or do you want to take another survey, etc., you can stop at that point. If you see Silver, Gold, Platinum offers, click and view at least 2 of them.
Just keep moving through the original screen/window until you get to this point.
Complete the survey and confirm your email
Same instructions as above. Additionally, click the confirmation link in the e-mail you receive.
Complete the free registration, Complete the entire registration process, Register for free
Register for the site, etc. Complete the entire sign up process and confirm an e-mail if prompted.
Sign up for free, Register for free, Sign up for the Site, Service, etc.
Complete the sign up process. Provide your e-mail address, street address, and any other requested information. Complete the sign up process to the very end.
Register for free and complete the survey
Complete the registration process. Provide your e-mail address and any other requested information. Then finish the entire survey to the very end.
Register for free and confirm your email
After registering, you are sent an e-mail. Within the e-mail, you'll find a confirmation link that you need to click on.
Register and complete the survey. Sign up and complete the survey. Fill out at least one offer
Register for the site, etc. Fill out and complete at least one offer before the end. Continue until you have finished the entire survey.
Fill out the form with valid information, Complete the form, etc.
There is a form that you need to fill out for this offer. Enter all the requested information.
Fill out the form with valid information and complete the survey
Fill out the entire form. Complete the entire survey that follows.
Fill out the form with valid information and complete the survey. Fill out at least two offers.
Fill out the form. Then complete the entire survey. Say “Yes” to at least two of the offers before the end and fill them out. Some offers require you to fill out at least 1 offer before the end.
Fill out the form with valid information and complete the survey. Click one offer on the "Final Offers" page.
Fill out the entire form. Complete the entire survey that follows. Click on at least one of the Silver, Gold, Platinum offers at the end and view it. Some offers require you to view at least 2 of the Silver, Gold, Platinum offers.
Sign-up for the newsletter
Sign up to receive the newsletter. Provide your e-mail address and any other requested information.
Apply for the product or service. Provide your e-mail address and any other requested information. Complete the application process to the very end.
Complete the survey and registration on the first two pages. Participate in 1 or more sponsored offer(s) that you are interested in during the registration and click on 2 offers in the rewards section.
Complete the entire survey. Say “Yes” to at least one of the offers before the end and fill it out. When you reach the Silver, Gold, Platinum offers, click on at least two of the offers and view them. Just keep moving through the original screen/window until you get to this point.
Complete the quiz with valid information, Fill out the form with valid information and complete the quiz, etc.
Complete the entire quiz until you see your results.
Complete the quiz with valid information. Must fill out at least one offer.
Answer the quiz questions. Complete at least one offer before the end. Then continue until you see your quiz results.
Click the banner and complete the form with valid information
Click a banner on the first page of the offer and fill out the form that appears. The banner is usually at the top and/or on the right hand side of the first page.
Compare Quotes, Get Quotes, etc.
Request quotes on car insurance and other things that can save you money. Enter all the requested information and look at the quotes provided.
Download the toolbar, program, game etc.
Click on the "download" link/button and install the toolbar, download the software, game, etc. Make sure to use the software, game, etc. after downloading.
Play the Game, Complete the game and get your results, etc.
Play the entire game until your results are displayed.
Enter the Sweepstakes
Enter the Sweepstakes with valid information. Provide your e-mail address and any other requested information.
Provide all of the requested information for the trial offer. You must use a credit card for trial offers.
"Fraudulent orders will not be tolerated. A fraudulent order is (but not limited to) an order that was completed with a prepaid card, gift card, virtual card, fake or stolen credit card or an order that was immediately cancelled without shipment of the product. Refunded orders are subject to reversal. User accounts with fraudulent orders are subject to termination without pay."
Last edited by CashCrate Dana; 08-15-2013 at 08:17 PM
08-20-2009, 02:05 PM
One of our members, emjokedz, also wrote an offer guide:
Thanks for the great guide and all of the hard work that went into it. Be sure to check it out everybody.
10-05-2015, 10:46 AM
The surveys are run by independent companies and your money will be credited to your account when we receive confirmation from them that you have properly completed the survey. This will typically happen within a few hours, but may require several days. We regularly inspect the crediting processes to ensure that any crediting errors or delays on our end are addressed as quickly as possible. Please note that you must qualify for and fully complete the survey to receive credit. Daily Surveys may also not credit if you are not allowing 24 hours between surveys or if they are flagged as being completed hastily or include inconsistent responses; please make sure you're not going through the surveys too quickly but are providing thorough and thoughtful responses.
|advoid defected surveys, blockbuster, bonus, bonus offer, bonus surveys credit, broken link, bug, button, cash crate video not, cash offers, cashcrate, cashcrate dana, check, check in, college, complete, confirmed, confused, conor, cookies, corny april, credit, credit card, creditreport, discover, discover card, earnings, get paid, help surveys, issue, july sucks, limit, livesample, moderator assistance, money, no credit, not being paid, not getting paid, not paid, not paying out!!, offer, offerapproval, offers, offers not approving, paid, payment, payments, payout, pending, pending earnings, pimsleur, problem, problem help, problemswithoffers, referrals, scam, shopping, ssi survey, survey, survey error, survey glitch, survey scam, surveys, surveys and offers, technical, trouble shooting|