FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If you could change one thing about the games, what would it be?
Add more games 108 21.82%
Add more ways to earn points for gameplay 296 59.80%
Different / additional tournament structures 51 10.30%
More player interaction 40 8.08%
Voters: 495. You may not vote on this poll

Thread View

12-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Default How Can We Make the Games Better? (Official Feedback Thread)

We've had a pretty good reaction to the games so far, but want to know what you think we could do to make the games better. Are there things we could do that would cause you to play the games more? Things that you think would make them more attractive to other users? We'll take the most popular suggestions and put them into action.
12-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Half Buck Crater

all of the above
12-11-2009, 11:45 AM
CashCrater

Yes , definately , keep Courtney Marie from playing ! LOL , just kidding , HI Courtney ! Happy Holidays to all and to all ... say goodbye to your points. LOL.
12-11-2009, 12:08 PM
*Cashcrate Junkie*

Actually, I think all of the above are great ideas.. but I voted for more ways to earn points. If people had more points, they'd probably play more, or at least I would.

But I do think a few more games would be good.. not too many though. Maybe a few more word games? Or skilled based games. Word Noodle is the only game I play anymore since it's the only one that's somewhat solely based on skill. I'm not very lucky.

I think being able to communicate there would probably be good too but it's not THAT necessary.. and plus it would probably slow down the loading time, or cause lags in the game.

Different tournament structures are a good idea too since it seems like the same people always win. While it's definitely not their fault because the games are open and fair to everyone, it can seem discouraging for a few.. especially when they lose all their points and can no longer "try" to compete.
12-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Carrier of a big stick

Send a message via Skype™ to adam7one

A free option to play games
A referral id to point directly to the games site and if the vistor then signs up to Cashcrate the referrer gets credited with the referral.

I see it like this, new people come to the games site and play the games in free mode, they then see there are points tournaments and a list of prizes that can be redeemed with the points, from there they want to find out how to get points and they join CC.

It's a win win situation, new referrals for Cashcrate and another way for members to gain referrals.
12-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Dollar Crater

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Yes , definately , keep Courtney Marie from playing ! LOL , just kidding , HI Courtney ! Happy Holidays to all and to all ... say goodbye to your points. LOL.
LoL, Zeke... I was looking for the "keep Zeke off the games" button on the poll, but I couldn't find it

Really though- the old games had certain tournaments that were 'target score' tournaments, and you would win the prize once you hit the target score. For instance, a target score tournament could be a snakefish tournament with a target score of 23,800 and a prize of 200 points. The way it would work is people would pay their one or two points to enter and then they would only get the prize once they reached the target score. This would probably cut down on the competition and maybe make the people who stopped playing because the same people always win come back and play again. Also, cashcrate could benefit from this because more often than not, the target score won't be achieved before the payout is recouped twice over.

Also, there could be a few tournaments that only pay out to the top player. The pots would be way bigger, and the people who come in second place and stop playing might keep going in order to achieve the top spot. This would make the pots even bigger and big pots are definitely enticing.

And, for the poll, I chose open more games because I think that would also help a lot!

What do you guys think?
12-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Carrier of a big stick

Send a message via Skype™ to adam7one

If the same people winning is an issue and I don't know if it is or not because I don't play, due to the fact I don't have many opportunities to earn points, maybe we need to look at a system that if you win a game then you can not enter that same game tournament for 3 days or a week, or something like that. It is far from an ideal situation but if people are scared off from playing games due to the same people winning all the time, this could bring some people back and get the pots bigger.

I personally not a great fan of the idea and I hate to have a skillful player sit on the sidelines just because they won, but if it is for the greater benefit of the cashcrate community as a whole then it maybe something that needs to be considered.
12-11-2009, 02:31 PM
CashCrater

i agree with adam7one.

although i stink at games and i waste all my points :|
anyway i was trying to vote instead of post, but i dont know how to.. :|
12-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Dollar Crater

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7one View Post
If the same people winning is an issue and I don't know if it is or not because I don't play, due to the fact I don't have many opportunities to earn points, maybe we need to look at a system that if you win a game then you can not enter that same game tournament for 3 days or a week, or something like that. It is far from an ideal situation but if people are scared off from playing games due to the same people winning all the time, this could bring some people back and get the pots bigger.

I personally not a great fan of the idea and I hate to have a skillful player sit on the sidelines just because they won, but if it is for the greater benefit of the cashcrate community as a whole then it maybe something that needs to be considered.
I think this is a good idea for getting people to come back, but I think the pots would be tiny- even if you got thirty people to come back. As it stands now, only between 20 and 30 people play each tournament before it ends, and most of them play daily. If you tell the people who are already loyal to the games that they can't play, you would lose most of the pot. (I, myself, put in about 300 points a night) Then, when the new people came to play they would see a little dinky prize and decide to skip it anyway, ya know?

An idea along the same lines is: CashCrate could have a skill level- maybe, after you play Crates 30 times, you move up a skill level, and so on and so on- this way everyone gets to play, but beginners get to play against beginners and experts against experts.

Last edited by CourtneyMarie; 12-11-2009 at 02:37 PM Reason: Added something
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Senior Crater

Send a message via Skype™ to Austin A.

I also agree with adam7one. If you could play the games for free and learn how to play them, there would be a lot of more players.
NEW REPLY